Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Girl Who Went to the Tattoo Parlor.


The first images of David Fincher's version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo have hit the web and I'm already getting worried.
The picture above for example in which we see Lisbeth Salander inside what appears to be a tattoo parlor is already going against one of the things I loved the most about the Swedish film trilogy (and you know I loved it!).
I won't go into details but let's say it's already proving that Hollywood seriously think audiences have to have everything digested beforehand...


On a different note Mara does seem slightly interesting in costume and makeup.
Although I believe Noomi Rapace gave the best female performance I've seen so far in 2010, I'm starting to get quite curious about where Mara will take it.
I'll start reading the first book soon and rewatch the trilogy before the year is over. I guess this won't be the last time you hear about Lisbeth here...

5 comments:

Juank said...

You will notice that the more you read the books the more you will fall in love with Lisbeth Salander, the character in the books is amazing, even more amazing than the Noomi Rapace performance ( and for me she is the best of the movies adaptation ) the first movie is a great adaptation , the second i did not like that much, the second book is greater than the first but the adaptation was a weak one, righ now im starting the third book and after that i will go with the third movie, so prepare to love Lisbeth more ;)

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Ufff can't wait then! So excited! I loved the trilogy but I think the first one is the greatest film, the other two are a bit lazier but still very good. Can't wait to read the books! You don't know how much I love action heroines :)

Simon said...

I don't get it, why is this bad? Is it what I'm thinking of? Damn me and my lack of subtlety.

Lucas Dantas said...

i'm in the middle of the first book and like juank said, lisbeth salander is amazing! i love blomkvist, but i'm always missing salander through the pages.

still haven't seen the movies yet; the dvd of the 1st hit town last month but i decided to finish the book first, and since u know i'm a slow reader, well... lol

contactos barcelona said...

Thanks for your article, quite effective info.