Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sheet-y Saturday.

Where we take a look at posters for upcoming features.

Considering I'm one of the few people alive who think Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie are not the most beautiful people alive, this poster makes me want to ask all of you who do, what exactly makes them so appealing?
This poster is so terribly done that it seems they aren't even in the movie together and someone made this to try out their very basic Photoshop skills.


This is how you do a teaser. Text posters used to be huge once and now everyone has become so dependent on the movie star that they have forgotten how to actually work hard to get a message across.
Notice how the font makes a statement about the setting, time and mood of the film while that bullet hole and blood are a thing of genius. Best of all? We don't get stuck with an annoying "Academy Award Winne Jeff Bridges" sort of crap.
Also that "retribution" label at the bottom is wickedly delicious. Just got excited about this movie!

What do you guys think about these?

4 comments:

Simon said...

Angelina Jolie is extraterestrial. That is that.

Runs Like A Gay said...

The True Grit poster has to be one of the bst teaser posters for the year.

What do you think about the For Colored Girls poster? I'm not sold on the film but I do like the design.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Simon:right one!

Runs:I like Tyler Perry posters, most of them are genius but a lot of other people discuss them so I try not to repeat them here. But yeah this one is amazing, the movie makes me want to yawn though.

Danny King said...

I'm looking forward to both films - I seem to be one of the few people who thought "The Tourist" trailer actually looked like fun.