Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Just Wild About Annie.


I ran into this picture of Anne Hathaway on location and the first thing that came to my head was "OMG she's finally doing the Judy Garland movie!".
In what seems to be late 60's fashion she looks as wonderful as usual (gotta love the bright red lips) but turns out this was for another movie instead.
Anne is currently shooting One Day alongside Jim Sturgess. The film is directed by Lone Scherfig and based on David Nicholls' bestseller. Amazon.com is recommending this book to me all the time and now I know Anne liked it, it has honestly sparked my curiosity.
Any of you read it?

8 comments:

Andrew K. said...

I'm willing to like her, honestly I am but if she does Judy I think I'll definitely hate her. Hee, I hope I at least LIKE her in Love & Other Drugs though I have no anticipation for that movie.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Hahahaha how can anyone hate Anne Hathaway?
I don't get that, she's like a puppy or a baby bird!

Andrew K. said...

I don't know...I just don't get the appeal. I think perhaps if she stars in a music (a non Judy one) I might like her more. Oddly, I loved her in Alice in Wonderland.

Castor said...

Lol Andrew. In any case, I think Anne Hathaway has all the tools but does she want it? She seems all interested in being the next Julia Roberts and has been churning out rom-coms like there is no tomorrow since Rachel Getting Married...

Runs Like A Gay said...

I read an article (comment) in yesterdays Independent that said the photos released this week from he set of One Day (from which tis is taken) contain a major plot spoiler...

I can't see anything in this one - unless it's a spoiler that she wears red lipstick.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Andrew: I like Anne in almost anything. She's one of the only two things I like in "Brokeback Mountain" for instance.

Castor: she has all the tools indeed!

Runs: hmmm now I'm trying to find stuff hahaha, guess I'll read the book soon.

Andrew K. said...

Well I like her more than Michelle W. in Brokeback, but I think Michelle is awful in that...so that's not really saying much.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Hahaha Michelle is my favorite thing in that. But well yeah, that movie's awful all around.