Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sheet-y Saturday.

Where we take a look at posters for upcoming features.

The posters for Thor are proving to be so unimaginative that I still wonder if I'll move my butt to the movie theater when it opens.
Sure this guy has a pretty face (and a nice hammer to go with it) but have him do something! These posters look like this Absolut Vodka campaign but made for geeks.


If you were wondering if Josh Radnor's Happythankyoumoreplease was an "indie", wonder no more. The poster looks like the one sheet for a $15 concert of a garage-rock, all robot member, band in a secret basement near Williamsburg.
When did the quirk in these movies become so predictable?

5 comments:

Lucas Dantas said...

kkkkkkkkkkkk i LOVE the absolute vodka campaign. the thor's posters are boring.

Simon said...

Does anyone else want to punch happythankyoumoreplease in the face? Specifically, the obnoxiously hipster 'woe is my rich white ass' trailer?

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Lucas: Amen.

Simon: Thank you! I always feel so unpopular with my friends for disliking these kinds of movies.

Fletch said...

I don't hate hipster indie movies, but I lol'ed at that poster the same as you. It just screamed "look at me, I'm an indie!" Could be written in any language and give off the same vibe.

Thor's posters are certainly dull, but would you really let a poster alone decide the fate of your movie-watching? Now maybe you don't want to see it anyway, but I'd go off more than that.

By the way, your site was the "Random LAMB-mob" site of the day over at the LAMB's Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/the-Large-Association-of-Movie-Blogs-aka-the-LAMb/305216618398). Hoping you get bombed with comments today! :)

tablet pc said...

It will not work in fact, that is exactly what I think.