Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stronger Than Yesterday.


I promise I will try to resume normal posting as soon as possible. With actual work, traffic jams, exhaustion, existential issues and whatnot, I've barely had time to sit and watch a movie lately!
I know...
For now I present you with a still from the upcoming Country Strong, already being touted as the female version of Crazy Heart (which as you know I disliked) I'm excited about it if only because well Gwyneth Paltrow is getting some stellar buzz for it.
I can't wait to see her back in the awards game, considering she's only actually been in it once! Although she should've at least garnered some buzz for The Royal Tenenbaums, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Proof and the vastly underrated Sylvia...
But OK it seems my bias is coming out too strongly at this hour, I better go catch some sleep and write my butt off during the weekend.
Seen any good movies while I've been AWOL?

3 comments:

Castor said...

I saw Dark City a few days ago. Writing the review as we speak! Very good sci-fi that many haven't heard of.

Andrew K. said...

I saw Ondine which was weird, and I saw Greenberg which was also weird (the latter was better).

The more the dust settles on it, the more I hate Crazy Heart (shrugs), but I'm all for Gwyneth back in the game, though I will admit I'd prefer if it was in a corset ad with a British accent - so chauvinistic of me.

(You're missed.)

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

It is Castor! I haven't seen it in years though.

Andrew: haha I'll check those out, gotta love "weird".
Yay for Gwynnie huh? I don't mind whether she's in boots, corsets or naked (which she'll probably be at some point in the movie :P).
I'm just happy to see she's back!

(I miss everyone too :( )