Thursday, November 11, 2010

She's Country Strong!


Did you watch Gwyneth Paltrow's live debut as a country singer at last night's Country Music Awards? Well neither did I.
I can't say I was surprised by how great she was (because I'm biased and she's also a phenomenal singer) but I loved the standing ovation in the end (Nicole better force her to sign up for The Danish Girl again!)
I love how nervous she looked and also am wondering if she learned to play guitar from her friend Madge...
Besides the fact that she wore absolutely fabulous shoes to the show, something which I'm pretty sure is a big no-no at country music venues, she showed some real angst.
Can't wait to see this at the Oscars again. Do you think the producers will bring back performances from the Song nominees?

3 comments:

Lucas Dantas said...

oh boy she's so gorgeous!! can't wait to see the film.

and why did she dropped the dannish girl ho, do u know?

Anonymous said...

she sings country so convincingly. Alas, I fear the haters will get the best of her reception here.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Ho: I knooooow!
She's amazing!
She dropped the movie because she wanted to spend more time with her kids -_-

Paolo: I agree.
They'll find something to pick about it.
I know for sure she'll be a Golden Globe nominee though! :D