Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sheet-y Saturday.

Where we take a look at posters for upcoming features.


Animal Kingdom

...or how to rob a movie from all its wicked style by making it seem like a run of the mill gangster or cop movie released over the spring.
See just how good the original posters are and tell me this one's absolutely cheap.
The second one created by the amazing Jeremy Saunders is nothing if not spectacular, it has a quasi religious mood to it that recalls some of the best things done in The Sopranos.



Despicable Me

I find this movie so unappealing.
Something about it honestly bugs me, its humor and story seem so forced (also that moment in the trailer with the whole boombox joke makes me roll my eyes every single time).
This teaser is nothing if not a ripoff of the supreme Toy Story 3 poster but while that one makes me go "awww", Despicable's makes me go "ugh.


Tron Legacy

Simple, effective yet lacking a little something.

Which of these would you hang in your room?

1 comment:

Luke said...

Whoa! You're totally right about the Toy Story ripoffage. Although the trailers do slightly amuse me, I can definitely recognize the wee bit of pandering...