Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sheet-y Saturday.

Where we take a look at posters for upcoming features.

May Tim Burton redeem the last decade or so with Frankenweenie...this lovely one sheet holds the promise of some of his most iconic work and the fact that a non-cadaverous Johnny Depp is featured anywhere should be a good sign. Gotta love the folds and scratches that make it seem as if they just ran into a B sci-fi movie and are releasing it for the first time.

Magic Mike still has the best poster campaign of any movie this year. This 4th of July offering is truly delicious and not just for the obvious reasons. Just look how they completely avoided the peen to remind us that independence is all about freedom of expression.

When i first saw this poster for the last (bless you Lord) Twilight movie, I honestly thought it was a teaser for the next season of America's Next Top Model. Whoever this actress is, she's surely channeling Tyra's fierce "you go bitch" look.

Right?

1 comment:

Luke said...

Oh my god! Hysterical! I had the same reaction when I scrolled down through the top half of that Twilight poster! (Oh, and to the "bless you lord" comment, I say simply... preach.)

And thanks for making it okay to be excited about Frankenweenie. I know it's become uncool to still like Tim Burton, but, having just picked up (at last!) my own personal copy of Batman Returns today (and with every intention of watching it ASAP), I like to long for the brilliance that was his late-80s, early-90s stream of classics.