Friday, May 22, 2009

Getting on the "Glee" Bandwagon.


Given that we don't get FOX down here and even if we did I'm not a fan of "American Idol", I obviously missed the very discussed premiere of "Glee" a few nights ago.
With that said, I got to see it and count me in as one of those excited with the promise it showed.
As far as pop culture goes, this is the best thing I've seen this year (if it was a movie it'd get a four star review!).
The cast is spectacular, I loved Jayma Mays germ-phobic teacher, Jane Lynch's viciously charming cheerleading trainer, Lea Michele's snotty, overachieving diva and Amber Riley's delicious girl with an attitude ("I'm Beyoncé!").
The show is filled with archetypes, not clichés, and feels refreshigly original even if deep inside you know you've seen this before a million times.
What makes "Glee" different is something we never see much of anymore: its spirit. I had never felt so excited watching a TV pilot before in my life and once it was over I just wanted more and more (not to mention I wanted to burst out into song and dance...I also listened to my "Back To Black" album completely).
The best compliment I can think of to give this show is that it's so damn good I'm already fearing its cancellation...

1 comment:

Kelsy said...

This show made me miss high school choir and dance team. And I don't often miss high school.

I can tell I'm going to love this show.